Good news to all Samsung Smart TV owners. Samsung has just announced that it will be bringing Rovio’s highly popular game – Angry Birds – to its line of Smart TVs this month. The Smart TV app will be able to utilize Samsung’s Smart TV SDK that supports gesture controls and voice interaction. To get the app, users will have to download the app via the Samsung TV app store. Angry Birds on Samsung’s Smart TVs will be available sometime this month and it will compatible with Samsung’s Smart TVs ES7000, ES8000, and ES9000.
Of course, this was already expected. At the CES 2012 in January, we mentioned that Rovio will be partnering with Samsung to bring the game to its line of Smart TVs. “We are thrilled to announce for the first time with Samsung that our on-demand video animation channel featuring Angry Birds will be available on Samsung’s Smart TVs later in the year, and we will work closely with Samsung to deliver amazing new gameplay and video for Angry Birds fans everywhere,” Samsung said in January this year.
- GoPro Xbox One Channel Launching This Spring
- Flixster App Launched On Xbox 360 With Support For UltraViolet Videos
- YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- Xbox 360 Netflix App Unlocked This Weekend For Xbox Silver Members
- EPIX Coming To PS3 Q1 2013; PS Vita App Launching Spring 2013