The ability to charge a phone wirelessly is currently a luxury in the smartphone market. It is only available as an aftermarket modification by using a wireless charger pad and case. Tanveer, a doctor by day and a modder at night, has developed a process to eliminate the need of a case when wirelessly charging an iPhone 4s.
Before I continue describing the process, keep in mind that this will most definitely void your warranty and you should be very familiar with assembling and dissembling your device before starting. As for materials, you’ll need a spare charger port assembly, very thin gauge wire, a wireless charger(Tanveer used Powermat) and obviously the back of your iPhone 4S.
To start off the process, he solders the wires from the charging port to the USB points on the Powermat receiver. The rest of the details are covered in the video, but due to the extra thickness added by the wireless charging circuit, he had to slightly modify the back of his phone. Check out Tanveer’s full video above for step-by-step instructions on how to make your iPhone 4S wirelessly charge without a case and his mock commercial below for his wireless charging iPhone 4S. I’m sure there are tons of iPhone fans out there who are hoping this feature will be included on the next-gen iPhone. Would you be willing to modify your phone for wireless charing capabilities? Let us know in the comments section below.
- 2013-12-11: Skyrim Mod Turns Dragons Into Thomas The Tank Engine Trains
- 2013-12-10: Xbox One Mod Makes It Possible To Play With PS4, 360, PS3 Controllers
- 2013-09-24: Tron Legacy-Themed Nintendo 64
- 2013-09-17: This Modified SUV Puts Backseat Drivers In Control Of The Vehicle
- 2013-06-19: Sony Xperia Z Gets Physical Shutter Button Via Mod
- 2013-02-03: iPhone 4S Spontaneously Combusts, Claims Woman, Apple Turns A Blind Eye
- 2013-01-15: iPhone 5S To Begin Production In March; Launching In June/July [Rumor]
- 2012-03-05: iPhone 4S and China Mobile are best buddies again, SIM card issue fixed
- 2012-02-05: China's iPhone 4S sales resume online
- 2012-01-15: iPhone 4S without camera in Singapore