Which? is a digital tech daily that has done their own homework concerning battery life levels among smartphones, and what they came up with was pretty interesting. We are talking about the Samsung Galaxy S3 taking top spot, competing against other luminaries in its class such as the HTC One X, Sony Xperia S, Apple iPhone 4S, HTC Sensation XL and Motorola’s Gleam – with one group whose data is derived from an average of 101 smartphones tested.
All the handsets were tested with talk time as the benchmark, using them at medium 3G reception levels, making it a far more realistic measure compared to standard issue manufacturer estimates. Basically, the Samsung Galaxy S3 is the runaway winner with 726 minutes of calls (that is more than 12 hours!) on medium 3G reception, edging out the second placed HTC One X by 91 minutes. Here’s a quick tip to improve on your smartphone’s battery life – purchase a Samsung Galaxy S3. All right, sorry, that was a bad joke for fanboys of other hardware manufacturers.
Next Story: Chillingo releases three new games for Android
- 2014-04-17: iOcean X8 Has Autofocus Front Camera
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-09: Arirang AS1201 Could Be Made In China, Ironically
- 2014-04-07: OnePlus One To Feature 3GB RAM, 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-04-07: Sharp Aquos Xx 302Sh Packed To The Brim With Features