It’s Monday, and that means Apple and Samsung will be squaring off in court again to settle once and for all what others consider as the biggest lawsuit in the history of tech. Apple had a good start this morning as it presented a pretty compelling evidence that attempts to prove that Samsung “slavishly” copied Apple’s icons in its TouchWiz UI that’s based on Android. Check out the remaining photos after the break.
Showing a series of photographs that compared both icons, you can probably say that some icons look very similar. Although we don’t really want to be the judge here, but it seems that Samsung has got some explaining to do. Standing on the witness stand earlier today are logo creator Susan Kare and the former President of the Industrial Designers Society of America Peter Bressler. Stay tuned for more updates. Setting biases aside, can you truthfully say that Samsung copied its icons from Apple?
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-08: Apple Seeks $2.2 Billion In Damages From Samsung
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Sues South Korean Publication Over Negative Galaxy S5 Press
- 2014-04-07: Leaked Document Reveals How Samsung Viewed Apple As An "Extremely Real" Threat
- 2014-04-06: White House Had Legal Talks With Samsung Over Recent Selfie
- 2014-04-04: Internal Email Reveals Apple's Sales Team's Worry About The Competition