There has been plenty of rumors suggesting that Apple is working on a HDTV of their own. Since nothing has been confirmed, the device has been given the iTV moniker. That being said, Peter Misek, an analyst for Jefferies, stated (via Sammy the Walrus IV) that the device is currently in full production and that they will be partnering with both AT&T and Verizon. Misek also claims that Apple will be selling set top boxes to cable providers such as Comcast. His claims is based on recent data out of manufacturers such as Sharp, Hon Hai and other specialty chemical and TV component suppliers, with the former two being known for working with Apple in the past on a good many of their products.
If you recall, it was last week where it was rumored that Apple was in negotiations with cable operators to use one of their devices as a set top box. Some are saying that the device in question is the Apple TV, while others believe it might have something to do with Apple’s rumored iTV. In any case these are merely the opinions of an analyst which might not come into fruition, so we suggest you take it with a grain of salt for now and check back with us in the future for more updates.
Next Story: Fujitsu recycles CDs and DVDs into notebooks
- 2014-04-06: Apple Rumored To Be Testing 65-inch Display Panels For iTV
- 2014-03-12: Apple Stepping Up Camera Efforts In Recent Job Listings
- 2014-02-11: Apple Job Listing Hints At 'New Platforms'
- 2014-02-07: Tim Cook Hints At New Product Categories
- 2013-11-13: Analyst Believes Apple Might Have Delayed iTV Launch Up To Two Years