The other day we reported that thanks to stock shortages of the iPod nano on third-party retailers, such as Amazon and Best Buy, it was speculated that the iPod nano could be seeing a refresh alongside the new iPhone in September. Here is “confirm” the news is Japanese blog, Macotakara, who has reportedly heard from sources in the supply chain overseas that the new iPod nano will feature WiFi connectivity and will also support iTunes Music Cloud. This will no doubt increase the functionality of the device, but unfortunately since it’s hardly an official confirmation, we will be taking this with a grain of salt for now and suggest you check back with us later in September for the details. In the meantime, what do you guys think? Would you like to see your iPod nano feature WiFi connectivity?
- 2013-07-01: iOS 7 Concept Imagines The 6th Generation iPod Nano Running It
- 2012-10-17: iFixit gives Apple's new iPod nano the teardown treatment, gives it a 5/10 for repairability
- 2012-09-12: New iPod nano unveiled with larger display and Lightning connector
- 2012-08-27: Next-gen iPod nano rumored to feature WiFi connectivity along with iTunes Music Cloud support
- 2012-07-24: Apple reportedly planning new iPod touch and nanos for September
- 2012-07-10: iPod Nano redesigned to have an oblong body and a home button?