A week ago we reported that alleged photos of Nokia’s upcoming Windows Phone 8 handset, Phi, were leaked. While it remains to be seen as to whether those photos are indeed legitimate, famed Russian blogger Eldar Murtazin who seems to have the privilege of getting his hands on Nokia devices before anyone else, has spoken with Russian website Obozrevatel and basically “confirmed” the Nokia Phi’s specs. We say “confirm” because even though Murtazin has a reputation for getting it right, there’s always the off-chance that Nokia could surprise us.
In any case for those curious, the Nokia Phi is expected to sport a massive 4.7” display, a microSD card slot and is reportedly thinner than both the Lumia 800 and Lumia 900. He also stated that despite the battery of the Phi being larger than the Lumia 800 and 900, oddly enough it did not last as long. There is a good chance that might have something to do with software as we’re sure Nokia and Microsoft are currently tweaking Windows Phone 8 as best as they can before its release. Murtazin also expects the Phi to be priced in Russia for $935 and that we will see it officially announced on the 5th of September.
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset
- 2014-04-08: Nokia Solar Energy Suit Could Offer Alternative Phone Charging Option
- 2014-04-08: China's Ministry Of Commerce Gives Microsoft-Nokia Deal The Greenlight
- 2013-11-06: Nokia Lumia 1520 Headed To AT&T On Nov. 15 For $199
- 2013-10-21: More Than 8 Million Nokia Lumia Smartphones Sold This Quarter, Says WSJ
- 2013-09-16: AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 Allegedly Goes On Sale November 8th
- 2013-09-13: Nokia Lumia 925 Review
- 2013-09-11: Dual SIM Nokia Lumia 720 Rumored