Even since Apple released iPhone 4S, it has been the top-selling smartphone in the U.S. Until now, that is. Now, Samsung Galaxy S 3 has grabbed the crown, outdoing iPhone 4S sales during the month of August.
The news were revealed by the analyst firm Canaccord Genuity. According to an analyst at the firm, T. Michael Walkley, “We believe this is the first month since the iPhone 4S launched in October 2011 that it was not the top-selling smartphone in the U.S. market.”
iPhone 4S sales have slowed down in recent months. The key reason for the slump is believe to be that most users are simply waiting for Apple to reveal the iPhone 5, rather than spending their money on an iPhone 4S, which is about to become an older model.
At the same time, Samsung’s Galaxy S3 has been doing fairly well. Back in July, Samsung reported that the overall sales of the device had crossed the 10 million mark. So it doesn’t come as a surprise that in wake of slower iPhone 4S sales, the Galaxy S3 is the one to make the top of the list.
However, the competition is only going to get tougher as Apple gears up for the launch of its next iPhone on September 12th. A lot of anticipation is surrounding the launch event and we can expect iPhone sales to grow stronger as soon as iPhone 5 is released. What’s your take? Get the Galaxy S3 now, or wait until the iPhone 5 comes out?
Next Story: Apple UDID Leak: Why Does It Matter?
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2012-11-08: Samsung Galaxy S3 overtakes the iPhone 4S as the world's best-selling smartphone in Q3
- 2012-08-13: iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy S3 displays pitted against each other in "drag race scratch test"
- 2012-06-04: Samsung Galaxy S3 drop test vs iPhone 4S