Earlier this morning, we talked up Bethesda teasing us with hints of an upcoming DLC, and what you see above is the real deal – the latest Dragonborn DLC which will be part of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Dragonborn will see Elder Scrolls faithful return to the island of Solstheim, where it first made its debut in The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon. Dragonborn’s premise is simple – it concerns the very first Dragonborn. What you see is a mask to accompany this rather modest introduction, “He was once one of them, the Dragon Priest. He ruled here in their name, ruled over Solstheim, but he did not serve the dragons — he devoured them. And like them he seeks to return.”
The trailer shows off a range of new environments, enemies, as well as the much rumored ability (finally) mount a dragon as your ride. Solstheim will be very different from the other worlds in Skyrim, where you might get creeped out with Cthulhu-like monsters and demonic beings crawling all over the place.
Dragonborn seems destined to be a timed Xbox 360 exclusive, similar to its previous DLC, where it is tipped to arrive on Xbox Live this coming December 4th for 1600 MSP (the equivalent of $20). It should arrive on the PC a month after that, and PS3 fans might consider picking up the Xbox 360 for themselves this Christmas.
- 2014-04-07: Gamer Proposes To Girlfriend With Skyrim Amulet
- 2014-04-04: Game Of Thrones Opening Sequence Recreated In Skyrim
- 2014-01-09: Skyrim For Xbox One And PS4 Turns Out To Be A Mistake
- 2014-01-08: Rumor: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim To Head To The Xbox One And Sony PS4
- 2013-12-11: Skyrim Mod Turns Dragons Into Thomas The Tank Engine Trains
- 2013-02-27: Skyrim DLC Dawnguard Arrives On PS3 In Europe At 50% Discount
- 2013-02-12: Skyrim Dragonborn DLC Arrives
- 2012-12-31: Skyrim Dragonborn DLC For PS3 Coming Early 2013
- 2012-12-07: Bethesda: Work on Dawnguard and Hearthfire for PS3 to continue after Dragonborn
- 2012-12-04: Skyrim Dragonborn will be arriving on PS3 early 2013