Google is showing Apple exactly how it is done, by re-launching Google Maps for the iPhone. Earlier today, we were thrilled to report that Google is bringing its top-notch maps app to iOS. But in case you were wondering how it is faring so far, fasten your seat belts, because just a few hours (maybe seven) after its launch, Google Maps is now the most downloaded app in the App Store, ousting Apple’s very own “12 Days of Christmas” app, as well as Angry Birds Stars Wars, and YouTube.
The reviews were so far impressive. One user commented: “Well it’s been a long time coming but finally the king of online mapping has returned to iOS! ” In fact, as noted by the New York Times, Google is admitting that the new Google Maps, that has been optimized for the iPhone, is better than Google Maps for Android. Meanwhile, Google has launched an SDK of the app so that developers can play and integrate their apps to it. Kudos to Google for the good job. Have you tried the new Google Maps app? If so, care to give us your own thoughts?
Next Story: London Buses Now Supporting NFC Payments
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Confirmed: Google Glass Will Be Sold To The Public On 15th April
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2013-05-06: Gmail for iOS Updated To Open Links In Chrome, YouTube, Google Maps
- 2013-03-08: Google Field Trip Helps iOS Users Learn More About Their World
- 2013-03-05: Google Maps for iOS Receives Local Business, Friends Search Feature
- 2013-02-28: YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- 2013-02-22: Google Supplies iOS Developers With Updated Maps SDK