Thanks to a recent sighting at the Bluetooth SIG website, a certain Samsung SGH-T999L has been sighted. Considering that the SGH-T999 is T-Mobile’s version of the Samsung Galaxy S3, the inclusion of the “L” at the end of the name has some speculating that perhaps this might be the LTE version of the Galaxy S3 designated for T-Mobile’s network. At the moment T-Mobile is the only one of the four major carriers not to offer LTE. The carrier has plans to launch LTE networks in 2013 with upgrades already underway, so having a LTE version of the Galaxy S3 on their networks does make sense to a certain degree – not to mention it could be a way to attract customers by using one of Android’s most popular devices of 2012.
However since nothing has been confirmed yet, perhaps we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves. Not to mention with the Samsung Galaxy S4 presumably launching in 2013 as well, and unless this alleged LTE version of the Galaxy S3 launches early 2013, does T-Mobile need an LTE Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy S4 at the same time (assuming T-Mobile offers the Galaxy S4, of course)? Either way what do you guys think? Would you like to see a LTE-enabled Galaxy S3 being offered by T-Mobile?
- 2014-04-22: Apple's Latest Ad Is A Not-So-Subtle Jab At Samsung
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2013-12-12: T-Mobile Galaxy S3 LTE Receives Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-10-17: Samsung LTE Mobile HotSpot PRO For T-Mobile Announced
- 2013-06-05: T-Mobile LTE Galaxy S3 Now Available For $549
- 2013-05-20: T-Mobile Galaxy S3 LTE Expected Release Date 5th June
- 2013-05-19: T-Mobile LTE Galaxy S3 Edition Reportedly On The Way