December was quite the big month for Rovio as not only did Angry Birds receive 30 million downloads during the week of Christmas, but they’re also announcing today there were 263 million active users playing their games in December.
In a blog post on their company site, Rovio shared the news while saying 2012 was a milestone year for the company. In addition to its 263 million active users, they ended the year with over one billion downloads, 30 million of those occurring during Christmas week.
Last year was quite the busy year for Rovio as they released a number of titles like Angry Birds Space, Angry Birds Star Wars, Bad Piggies and the ho-hum Casey’s Contraptions. They even released an Angry Birds title on Samsung Smart TVs, making it possible to slingshot birds with your TV for the first time.
At the end of the blog post, Rovio says “There are lots more surprises on the way in 2013, so stay tuned.” Whatever it is, we’re sure it’ll do extremely well for the company, that is, unless they decide to create another Casey’s Contraptions. We can’t guarantee another one of those games would do as well, unless it’s Angry Birds related.
Next Story: Google Launches Digital-Coupon Service Zavers
- 2014-03-17: Angry Birds Epic Soft Launched In Several Countries Today
- 2014-03-07: Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13: Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12: Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-28: Rovio Denies Allowing NSA To Spy On Users
- 2013-11-27: Angry Birds Go! In-App Purchases Rumored To Get Very Expensive