[CES 2013] While the Samsung Series 7 Ultra, Samsung wants to provide a “new Ultrabook Experience” as the company puts it. What’s for sure is that the specifications are very nice for a 13.3″ laptop, let’s take a look: 1080p display with 178 degrees viewing angle, the latest Intel Core i5 or i7 Ultra Low Voltage (ULV), up to 256GB of SSD storage and an AMD discrete GPU (Radeon HD 8570M, 1GB).
That’s not it: there’s a 4G LTE connectivity option (unknown carrier), three USB 3.0 ports and a security slot, which had a tendency to disappear in a number of designs. For those who want a touch experience, there’s a touch version that is a bit heavier (1.65kg/3.63lbs versus 1.46kg/3.21lbs) and a bit more than 1mm thicker.
Samsung specifications say that the battery life is 8hrs (again, using the Mobilemark standard depletion test), which is very good for this category. All in all, this is a powerful 13.3″ laptop that should be a real problem for the competition.
Next Story: Samsung Series 7 Chronos Laptop
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2013-01-10: Flexible Windows Phone Prototype Spotted
- 2013-01-09: Samsung Announces 8-Core Exynos 5 Octa Mobile CPU
- 2013-01-09: Samsung Youm Flexible OLED Display
- 2013-01-07: Samsung HD DVR Surveillance System gives you high definition security footage
- 2013-01-02: Samsung Series 7 Chronos Laptop