Commercials for Samsung’s Galaxy devices are usually spent bashing the competition, that is unless it’s changing your perception of Mrs. Claus. They’ve recently bashed the iPhone 5, and are once again setting their sights on Apple’s smartphone, as well as RIM’s BlackBerry devices.
The new Samsung commercial was created to hopefully change the minds of business users who have trusted their business needs to a BlackBerry device, while at the same time, throwing iPhone users in there who separate their business and personal phones while at the workplace. At one point in the commercial, an extremely cool employee was able to use his Galaxy Note 2 to conduct business and watch a basketball game, while his boring cubicle mate continue to praise his BlackBerry device.
We could see why Samsung would go after Apple’s iPhone in their previous commercials, but we think their kicking a dead horse, especially when that horse reported a $114m loss just last month, is a bit much. Maybe they came up with the idea for this commercial fearing what RIM has up its sleeve with BlackBerry 10?
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2013-02-26: Major Canadian Retailer Claims Blackberry Z10 Is Outselling iPhone 5 And Samsung Galaxy S3
- 2011-09-15: Samsung Overtakes Apple in Smartphone Sales [Europe]
- 2010-05-17: Standard Charted Allows Users To Switch From BlackBerry To iPhone
- 2010-06-04: Rdio Music Service Created By Kazaa Founders
- 2010-11-09: Which Smartphone Fails the Most? The Answers May or May Not Surprise You.