Folks, it looks like we’ll be seeing a cartoon edition of Angry Birds soon. Rovio‘s Chief Executive Officer, Mikael Hed, told the Wall Street Journal that the company is planning to release a series of short, animated episodes based on the popular Angry Birds video game characters this spring. The news isn’t surprising. If you can still recall, we reported last year that an Angry Birds cartoon series is underway, and a possible fall release is expected. Obviously it didn’t happen, forcing us to abandon the idea. Mikael Hed‘s confirmation is a breathe of fresh air.
The excited CEO, however, noted that the distribution of the new animated series will be different, almost unorthodox, so to speak. “Previously, content creators were reliant on others who had the channel. The content itself is the channel. We have become the channel,” Hed said. Hed‘s statement raises more questions than answers. The unorthodox way suggests that Rovio could be planning to release the said cartoon series through the company’s own channel. Whatever that means, it is possible that the company is looking forward to launch the content on its own apps, via mobile devices and televisions.
- 2014-03-12 Angry Birds Epic Is A Turn Based RPG
- 2014-03-07 Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13 Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12 Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-29 Angry Birds Website Hacked, Known As Spying Birds Instead
- 2014-01-28 Rovio Denies Allowing NSA To Spy On Users
- 2013-11-27 Angry Birds Go! In-App Purchases Rumored To Get Very Expensive