Corning’s Willow Glass impressed the tech world with its extremely flexibility and slimness when it debuted this past summer. The 2012 debut may have been a tad premature as a new report is saying we could expect consumer products equipped with a Willow Glass to appear in at least three years.
The report is coming from Bloomberg who interviewed Corning Glass Technologies president James Clappi, speaking to him in regards to the Willow Glass. Clappin originally had hoped their Willow Glass would be made available in consumer products this year, but consumer companies have yet to come up with products that would make full use of the screen.
Clappin says his company is currently taking time to teach “very big name” customers how to handle the material, which is rolled up similar to newsprint.
“People are not accustomed to glass you roll up,” Clappin told Bloomberg. “The ability of people to take it and use it to make a product is limited.”
Considering Apple has been rumored to be toying with the idea of an iWatch, we could easily see this being one of the first consumer products to use Corning’s Willow Glass.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Follow: corning,