Microsoft has finally picked up a patent for their Microsoft Touch Cover, thanks to the good people over at the US Patent and Trademark Office who were the ones who granted this particular patent. If one were to be more specific, it would boil down to Microsoft’s design of the Touch Cover itself that picked up this particular patent, alongside the design that makes up the magnetic base for the cover that enables it to quickly and tightly hook up the Surface tablet to itself. Microsoft’s research team turned this magnetic bonding between the tablet and the Touch Cover, showing it off in its two main Surface TV ads, where one of them would include the Surface Pro commercial that aired in February.
In fact, Microsoft was not short on promotional material where the Touch Cover is concerned, touting it to be one of the most unique features that can be found on the Surface tablet, never mind that based on technical terms, you can purchase it as an optional accessory to the tablet.
Next Story: Battlefield 4 Arrives On PC This Fall
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10
- 2014-04-01: Microsoft Could Announce Something Surface-Related At BUILD
- 2014-03-26: Surface Wireless Keyboard Adapter Discontinued By Microsoft
- 2013-09-05: Microsoft Patent Filing Shows Off Surface 2 Kickstand Features
- 2012-06-25: Microsoft co-operative touch pen input mechanism