Sure, most folks had their browsers pointed to sites that talked about the Samsung Galaxy S4 late yesterday evening and early this morning, but this does not mean that there was nothing else interesting that the South Korean consumer electronics giant has up their sleeves at the Samsung Unpacked event. What you see above is a video game controller that has obviously ditched its wired connection to usher gamers into a wireless future, coming in a white as well as overall form factor that has me wondering just how much of the Xbox 360 inspired this prototype wireless game pad.
Samsung has not figured out a name for it yet, and does anyone want to venture a guess? Perhaps the Samsung Galaxy Buttons would elicit some chuckles, no? This conceptual device is tipped for a summer launch, where it will communicate with compatible consoles using Bluetooth connectivity, while sporting dual analog sticks, a D-Pad, shoulder buttons at the back, and the usual slew of face buttons that you have come to expect from a decent game pad. Dual AAA batteries will ensure that this Samsung prototype wireless game pad keeps on going.
Next Story: Philips DesignLine TV Blends Right In
- 2014-04-22: Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22: AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2013-12-20: Samsung GamePad To Be Bundled With Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
- 2013-03-15: Samsung Galaxy S4 Accessories Hands-On Review
- 2010-10-19: Samsung Epic 4G Keyboard Turned Into A Gamepad