Microsoft is expected to make a lot of announcements at the Build Conference,which takes place in the last week of June. The company will reveal more information about the upcoming software updates, though quite a lot is already known courtesy of leaked builds. They’ll also be making hardware related announcements. Microsoft CFO Peter Klein has already confirmed that the company is working with OEMs on smaller Windows RT/Windows 8 devices. These purported leaked images of an Acer Iconia W3 tablet lead us to believe that Acer will be the first manufacturer to release a smaller device based on the aforementioned platform.
This 8-inch tablet is supposedly powered by a 1.8Ghz Intel Atom Z2760 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. Though the package isn’t as powerful as other tablets in the market, it will reportedly be enough to run all Windows applications correctly. No specific information is available right now about the display. The tablet is expected to have dual cameras for taking photos and video conferencing. An optional keyboard may also be available for the Acer Iconia W3, it will ship with a pocket that protects the tablet against bumps and also doubles as a stand. No clear details regarding pricing have been revealed, but the device is expected to be available in September.
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Google Babel To Be Unveiled At I/O As Google Hangouts [Rumor]
- HTC R7 And R12 Windows RT Blue Tablets Launch Reportedly In October
- Galaxy Note 8.0 In "Brown Black" Color Apparently Coming In June
- New LG Tablet Reportedly Launching In Q3 2013
- Follow: acer, Iconia W3, Microsoft, Windows 8,
- Seen at: minimachines.net