Microsoft is expected to make a lot of announcements at the Build Conference,which takes place in the last week of June. The company will reveal more information about the upcoming software updates, though quite a lot is already known courtesy of leaked builds. They’ll also be making hardware related announcements. Microsoft CFO Peter Klein has already confirmed that the company is working with OEMs on smaller Windows RT/Windows 8 devices. These purported leaked images of an Acer Iconia W3 tablet lead us to believe that Acer will be the first manufacturer to release a smaller device based on the aforementioned platform.
This 8-inch tablet is supposedly powered by a 1.8Ghz Intel Atom Z2760 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. Though the package isn’t as powerful as other tablets in the market, it will reportedly be enough to run all Windows applications correctly. No specific information is available right now about the display. The tablet is expected to have dual cameras for taking photos and video conferencing. An optional keyboard may also be available for the Acer Iconia W3, it will ship with a pocket that protects the tablet against bumps and also doubles as a stand. No clear details regarding pricing have been revealed, but the device is expected to be available in September.
Next Story: Tumblr Mobile Apps Will Now Display Ads
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing
- 2013-08-08: Acer To Increase Focus On Google-centric Products
- 2013-07-18: Acer Iconia W3 Review
- 2013-06-05: Small Windows 8 Tablets To Be Bundled With Office 2013
- 2013-05-03: Acer Announces Aspire R7 Notebook Hybrid, Aspire P3 Ultrabook Convertable, Iconia A1 Android Tablet
- 2012-11-05: Acer's Greater China president wants Microsoft to leave the hardware to the "professionals"