Many of us are familiar with the idea of convergence devices. Take your smartphone for instance. It was not too long ago when the normal mobile phone could make and receive calls, in addition to just text messages. Over time, additional functions were introduced to it, ranging from it being your mobile shopping list, portable media player, personal navigation device, the works! Well, I guess it makes perfect sense if one were to be able to find new ways to make a bicycle look and function better than ever before, and this is a project by students at ECAL in Lausanne, Switzerland, who paraded their work at Milan Design Week 2013 as part of the art and design school’s Savoir-Faire exhibition.
Sporting a range of smart and functional bicycle accessories, what you see above is a unique idea that sees a bell which also doubles up as a brake, now how about that? Of course, there were also other ideas on show such as easy zip-tie hooks for bags and water bottles, zip-tie LED lights, a zip-tie bell, a snow chain, a cable style brake, and valve stem caps, among others. We do wonder whether this unique bicycle bell would cost more than an actual bicycle itself that is made out of recycled cardboard.
Next Story: ZTE V72A Is A New 7-Inch Tablet
- 2014-03-28: There’s No Stopping This Juggernaut Trike
- 2014-02-04: RYNO Cycle Could Make Unicycles Cool Again
- 2013-12-03: Copenhagen Wheel Assists Cyclists Through Its Rechargeable Battery
- 2013-10-15: Desperado E-bike Sports Two Motors And Top Speed Of 80km/h
- 2013-06-24: Citi Bike Smart Helmet Helps Guide Riders To Nearest Docking Station