When Facebook announced Home, it touted the software as its “new home on Android.” While it does not alter the core Android OS in any way, Facebook Home provides users with an experience that is people-centric. There was a lot of initial excitement which led to Facebook Home being downloaded more than 500,000 times in the first week alone. However according to a new research, Home’s popularity is declining and it could take a significant amount of time before its next 500,000 downloads.
BTIG conducted the research, and with data coming from AppAnnie, it states that Facebook Home’s ranking fell from No. 50 on the Play Store to No. 130 in under a week. Despite the fact that Facebook has been using a variety of ways to garner interest in Home, most users who downloaded it from Play Store have left negative reviews. Almost half of all reviews have given the software a one-star review. Perhaps Facebook will be able to turn it around, since they’ll be releasing updates for Home each month. The first Facebook Home update has been confirmed for mid-May. Have you used Home? What are your thoughts about it?
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2013-07-09: Facebook Home Receives Folder Support
- 2013-06-19: Samsung 'Facebook Phone' Idea Reportedly Rejected
- 2013-06-06: Facebook Home Update Brings 'Favorites Tray' For Your Apps
- 2013-05-23: HTC First 'Facebook Phone' UK Launch Postponed Indefinitely
- 2013-05-09: New Facebook Home Features Detailed Ahead Of Update Release