Yesterday Microsoft announced that it will be unveiling the next generation Xbox on 21st of May. It mentioned in the invite that they will “continue the conversation” at E3 conference which takes place in June. The company has confirmed that it will be showing off next generation Xbox games line-up at this conference, saying that they have a “full line-up of blockbuster gaming experiences” for their next generation console. The E3 conference takes place at Galen Center in Los Angeles, California on the 10th of June, 2013.
Apart from the games line-up, Microsoft will showcase the next Xbox’s software line-up as well. It is rumored that the upcoming console’s OS will be based on Windows 8, this will make it easier for developers to make apps that work across various Windows 8 based devices. The new Xbox is expected to go on sale in November 2013, it will reportedly cost $499 or $299 if the customer signs up for a $10 per month Xbox Live Gold subscription. Microsoft will be providing live streams for both the May 21 unveil event and its E3 press conference, which takes place on June 10 at 1 p.m. ET.
Next Story: Google Drive Receives New Social Features
- 2014-04-08: Xbox Head Phil Spencer Doesn't Think Microsoft Will Dump It
- 2014-04-08: HBO Offering Xbox Users Free Access To Game Of Thrones' Premiere
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Working On Original Content For The Xbox
- 2014-03-31: Phil Spencer Takes Over Microsoft's Xbox Division
- 2014-03-20: Microsoft Plans On Rewarding Positive Behavior On Xbox Live
- 2013-05-21: Xbox 720 Expected To Begin Mass Production In Q3 For Q4 Launch
- 2013-05-20: Xbox 720: Everything To Look For
- 2013-05-20: Sony Teases PS4 Hardware Prior To Next Xbox Event
- 2013-05-20: Next Xbox Event Expected To Feature IllumiRoom [Rumor]
- 2013-05-15: Microsoft Points Getting The Axe In Time For Next-Generation Xbox Release [Rumor]