Nokia has just announced that they will be pushing out updates for Symbian Belle Feature Pack 1 and Feature Pack 2 handsets, where among these would include the super high resolution camera totin’ device known as the Nokia 808 PureView (we’re talking about 41 megapixels here!). Other models that are covered by the update would include those manufactured sometime in late 2011 and 2012. This particular update would see the introduction of the WebView widget, which would no longer be in beta, right to your handset itself.
WebView would enable the user to enjoy “a window” into any live website of your choice, and each time the homescreen is viewed, the widget will automatically update itself. You are able to enjoy multiple WebView widgets on different pages, just in case you were wondering. Not only that, the Mirror widget will also be part of the update, where it functions as a shortcut to the front-facing camera. Looks like these “old horses” of Nokia still have some legs left!
Next Story: Tumblr iOS App Updated With New Social Features
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset
- 2012-01-30: Nokia Belle update could start rolling out 8th February
- 2012-01-18: Nokia Belle update happening in February
- 2011-10-10: Nokia explains the design process behind Symbian Belle
- 2011-08-24: Symbian Belle launched by Nokia
- 2011-08-22: Nokia launches countdown to "something new on Symbian"