Pandora allows users to create custom radio stations, the service is quite simple and one of the most widely used ones in this particular niche. Today, it announced the launch of Pandora Premieres, a station which will be used to preview upcoming albums of established as well as new artists before they are released. Pandora will allow Premieres users to listen to any track being previewed, in any order they desire. This is different than iTunes, which only previews such tracks in a continuous stream.
Pandora Premieres will be available for paying and non-paying members alike. Two albums will be previewed initially, Once I Was an Eagle by Laura Marling and Wrote a Song for Everyone by John Fogerty. Pandora says that it will feature new albums every week on this station, as well as exclusive content such as video interviews of artists. Users simply need to search for Pandora Premieres in the search box to be able to hear albums being previewed before their actual release. T-Mobile is the debut sponsor of Premieres, this sponsorship will run through the end of 2013.
- 2014-04-11: High Definition Audio Files Coming To iTunes In June [Rumor]
- 2014-03-24: Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-19: Pandora To Increase Monthly Subscription Fees Starting In May
- 2014-03-03: Pandora Confirms No CarPlay Support For Now
- 2014-01-15: Pandora iOS And Android Apps Now Offer Personalized Recommendations
- 2014-01-06: Pandora In-Car Radio Ads Launch This Month
- 2013-12-09: Let Your Favorite Tunes Wake You Up With Pandora For iOS
- 2013-04-16: iTunes Has 63% Share In Digital Music Market
- 2013-03-08: Apple Reportedly Looking To Pay Half The Royalty Rates That Pandora Does
- 2013-03-06: Apple Executives Reportedly Met Up With Jimmy Iovine To Talk Music Streaming