Earlier this year, Zynga revealed they were working on a new “with friends” game called Running with Friends as an endless runner game set in Spain. The game seemed to have borrowed much of what made Temple Run so popular, and Running with Friends is now officially available.
In Running with Friends, you’ll be running through the streets of Pamplona, Spain for one of its most recognized traditions, the running of the bulls. You’ll help guide your avatar through the game to collect stars and avoid a number of obstacles by swiping the screen to change lanes, jump and slide. Unlike Temple Run, you won’t need to tilt your device as all of the lane changing can be done with a simple swipe.
Also unlike Temple Run, Running with Friends is more of an asynchronous multiplayer game as games are initiated by challenging players directly, although your best score will still go up against all of your Facebook and Game Center friends’ scores. After spending some time with the game, I can certainly see where Zynga borrowed from Temple Run, but they certainly improved on it a great deal and is a game I certainly think is worth your time to download, especially since it’s completely free.RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- Double Dragon Trilogy Arrives On iOS And Android Platforms
- Infinity Blade 3 Honors Thanksgiving With Special Turkey Helm
- Xbox One SmartGlass App Now Available On iOS, Android
- Follow: apps, iOS, iPad, iPhone, ipod touch, zynga,
- Seen at: itunes.apple