There were game files of the Xbox One which were leaked in February earlier this year, and apparently, those files could very well have been depicting the Xbox One’s capability of playing nice with Windows RT apps. An alleged screenshot of Homefront 2 files do point to the launcher executable that is accompanied by a Windows RT AppsManifest.xml file. While the news feeds should not burn up in excitement upon hearing that Xbox One games can be built as Windows 8 apps, as well as run on Windows as a platform, the possibility of the Xbox One running Windows RT apps would make life easier for developers to port games over from one platform to the other.
After all, Microsoft did drop hints of support for Windows 8 apps at Build 2013. Needless to say, a screenshot that you see above could very well be forged, which was why we said that it is an alleged screenshot of the real deal, but the original source, SuperDaE, has been pretty reliable in the past where such similar leaks are concerned.
Next Story: Kinect Used To Create Maya Pixel Sculpture
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update