We’ve been hearing rumors that not only is Nokia interested in launching a tablet of its own, but it could also be working on a phablet device which presumably would pit itself against the likes of the Samsung Galaxy Note series. Well as it turns out come towards the end of September, Nokia could be announcing their tablet, and the phablet could be reserved for an announcement in November. This is according to the folks at Nokiapoweruser whose source claims to have gotten their hands on a Nokia roadmap which revealed those launch dates.
Their source claims that the Nokia tablet could be either a Windows 8.1 tablet or a Windows RT 8.1 tablet, although they are leaning more towards Windows 8.1 since Nokia is apparently not confident of the Windows RT platform. We’re not sure if Nokia will be able to enjoy the same success with their alleged tablet compared to their Lumia smartphones, which seems to be pretty well-received these days, but either way we’ll be excited to see what Nokia has to offer, assuming the rumors are true of course.
Next Story: Windows 8.1 Reportedly Being Issued To OEMs
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Microsoft Approached Samsung And Huawei About Dual-Booting Windows Phone/Android Devices [Rumor]
- Next-Gen iPads And iPhones To Feature More Sapphire Crystal [Rumor]
- Apple Rumored To Be Testing iPhones And iPads With Larger Displays