Samsung has recently sent out invites to an event on the 4th of September which will be held prior to IFA 2013 in Berlin. While the agenda has yet to be revealed, the phrase “note the date” hints strongly at the possibility of the Galaxy Note 3 being announced and while we have seen several prototypes (alleged) of the Galaxy Note 3 hit the web, we have no idea what the final design could look like. At least until a recent patent of Samsung’s was discovered where it is possible that the patent could be related to the Galaxy Note 3’s design.
The patent was filed for back in June of 2012, which seems pretty early for Samsung to start finalizing the design of the Galaxy Note 3, especially since the Galaxy Note 2 had not been announced yet. While the patent does not explicitly state that this is the Galaxy Note 3, the fact that it is a design we have not seen in any of Samsung’s devices, and the fact that one of the diagrams shows a slot presumably for the S Pen, we’re guessing it could be for a Galaxy Note device. Of course it is entirely possible that this was a prototype design that Samsung wanted to patent to protect their intellectual property, but who knows? What do you guys make of this design anyway? Yay or nay?
Next Story: HP Bodhi Android Device Spotted In Benchmarks
- 2014-04-22: Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22: AT&T Stops Android 4.4.2 KitKat For Galaxy S4 Active
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-03-13: ZiiLabs Tales Samsung And Apple To Court Over Patent Infringement
- 2014-03-06: Samsung Receives Patent For "Touch Display Apparatus Sensing Touch Force"
- 2014-03-05: Samsung's Google Glass Rival Patent Filing Reveals AR Keyboard