Time and again it has been rumored that Apple is working on wearable devices. There have been rumors of a smartwatch, which is commonly known as the iWatch. 9to5mac is reporting that Apple has managed to poach Nike’s top design director Ben Shaffer. At Nike, Shaffer was the Studio Director of the Innovation Kitchen, which is basically a research and development lab where new product designs come to life. Products that came out of the innovation kitchen include the infamous Nike Fuelband and the company’s new Flyknit shoe.
The iWatch that Apple is reportedly working on has already been rumored to be fitness focused, much like the Fuelband. Shaffer’s work on the Fuelband will definitely come in handy if talk about his move to Apple is actually true. It is only speculation at this point that Shaffer has been lured away by Apple and that his work there is going to focus on wearable devices. There hasn’t been a confirmation from both Shaffer or Apple as yet. Apple actually hasn’t even detailed its wearable device plans as yet. It hasn’t confirmed if it is indeed developing a smartwatch. Analysts expect that Apple might unveil its first wearable gadget, the aforementioned smartwatch, next year. [Image via iPhoneaddict]
- Analyst Thinks iPhone 5c Is A Flop Because Of iPhone Cases
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Corning Executive Names Sapphire As Expensive, Heavy And Environmentally Unfriendly
- Nanyang Girls’ High School In Singapore Uses iPad As Learning Aid
- Ember iPhone Case Will Help Improve Your Phone's Flash