Microsoft has been hinting for awhile that one of the features of the Xbox One would be its ability to run apps made for Windows 8, a pretty awesome feature that will transform the gaming console into a device that can do more than just game. However apart from dropping various hints, Microsoft has yet to come forward and fully confirm said feature, but it looks like their OEM partner, Dell, has decided to do that for them instead. Spotted on a pre-order page for Dell’s online store, the company has seemingly confirmed that all Windows 8 apps will be able to run on the Xbox One.
According to the page which was for Dell’s Xbox One pre-orders, it reads, “Consider the game officially changed. With all your favorite Windows 8 apps able to be run on and synced to your Xbox One, now your phone, desktop, tablet and TV can all give you a unified web and entertainment experience.” While Dell definitely has experience in field of Windows 8 products, this is hardly an official announcement meaning that there is an off-chance that Dell could have their facts wrong. Either way hopefully Microsoft will catch wind of this soon and either confirm it themselves, or issue a statement correcting the matter, but for now what do you guys think of the Xbox One running Windows 8 apps?
Next Story: Nexus 5 In White Debunked
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-04-22 Dell UP3214Q Review (UltraSharp 32 4K Monitor)
- 2014-04-21 Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-17 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07 Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07 Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-02 Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Extreme Does Both Tablet And Notebook Dances
- 2014-03-26 Microsoft And Dell Agree To License Each Other's Patents
- 2014-03-23 Dell Venue 8 Pro Receives New BIOS Update