Apple was rumored to introduce a new MacBook Air at this year’s WWDC, and introduce a new MacBook Air is exactly what the company did. It looks like the MacBook Air 2013 will soon be out with the old as a new report indicates Apple might be considering offering a redesigned MacBook Air sometime in 2014.
The report is coming from analyst firm NPD DisplaySearch, who anticipates Apple may introduce a MacBook Air featuring a redesigned look in addition to a Retina Display. The redesigned MacBook Air would possibly introduce a new size to the family, which at this point is only available in 11.6- and 13.3-inch varieties. The redesigned MacBook Air is expected to have a 12-inch screen with a much higher resolution of 2304 x 1440, which is certainly an improvement over previous versions of the MacBook Air as the 13.3-inch features a 1440 x 900 display, while the 11.6-inch has a 1366 x 768 display.
It seems NPD DisplaySearch doesn’t only believe a new MacBook Air would be introduced in 2014 as the analyst firm is also anticipating a new iPhone with a 4.7- and 5.7-inch displays, a 1.3-inch iWatch and a 12.9-inch iPad-like device. It seems NPD is making some rather interesting guesses as to what Apple will be releasing next year, and as usual, you should take all of them with a grain of salt.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- OS X 10.9.1 Seeded Out To AppleCare Staff; Public Release Imminent
- Apple Beats Out Dell For Most Sought After Desktop Computer For The Holiday Season
- German Retailer Accepting Mac Pro Pre-Orders Set For 16th December Release
- OS X Mavericks' Overall Market Share Continues To Grow
- Follow: macbook, macbook air,
- Seen at: news.cnet