Back in September, Samsung unveiled its much rumored smartwatch, the Galaxy Gear. Up till now the device has only been compatible with two Samsung products, both of which were announced alongside it. The Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Tab 10.1 2014 currently support Galaxy Gear, but Samsung is going to add support to S3, S4, S4 Active and Note 2 through a software update that rolls out in the near future. Apparently customer returns of the Galaxy Gear particularly at Best Buy are climbing, trending above 30 percent.
A memo, apparently meant for Samsung employees working at the Samsung Experience Stores within Best Buy retail locations, has leaked which reveals the over 30 percent return rate of the Galaxy Gear. Apparently the memo asks employees to weigh in their opinions as to why the return rates are so high. Does this mean that despite the initial reviews, the device isn’t doing as well with the customers as Samsung would have hoped? The company has marketed it as a companion to its high-end smartphones and tablet, and it is already rumored to be working on a Galaxy Gear successor. Is the smartwatch bubble bursting already or does Samsung really need to improve upon its existing wearable gadget? Time will tell.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-07 Gear Solo Is Samsung's 3G Capable Smartwatch [Rumor]
- 2014-02-22 Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 and Galaxy Gear Neo Smart Watches Launched at MWC
- 2014-02-16 AT&T Galaxy Gear Price Gets A $100 Cut
- 2014-02-10 Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Be Priced Lower Than iWatch
- 2014-02-04 Galaxy Gear Price Cut Possible