While the world has been looking forward to the release of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, the company had another Galaxy device up its sleeve they had planned to release only in Japan called the Galaxy J. Samsung devices released in Japan don’t tend to offer anything outside of slight modifications over the original device, but the Galaxy J seems to be quite the powerful smartphone.
The Samsung Galaxy J was ousted through a leaked NTT DoCoMo brochure where it’s believed the handset will run on a Snapdragon 800 chip and 3GB of RAM. The Galaxy J looks to be a hybrid of both the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S4 as it features the Note 3′s squared-off look, but only has a 5-inch display similar to the S4′s. The Galaxy J also has a number of Japan-only extras, such as 1Seg TV tuning.
The leaked brochure showing the Galaxy J doesn’t disclose the device’s release date, but we’re sure we’ll be hearing more about it from NTT DoCoMo in the near future. Until then, continue to drool at what a Samsung Galaxy S device can be like here in the U.S. if it had 3GB of RAM and ran on a Snapdragon 800 chip.RELATED
- Free, Ad-Supported Spotify For Mobile Rumored To Launch Next Week
- Samsung Could Be Looking To Bring Android 4.4 KitKat To Older Devices
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Follow: galaxy, Samsung, samsung galaxy,
- Seen at: androidcentral