At the beginning of this week, we did bring you word that the Sony Xperia Z1 f, where it is more popularly known as the Honami Mini or the Xperia Z1 mini, has a very high chance of making its way to the Land of the Rising Sun. Well, it did not take too long since that particular day before the handset has been made official over in Japan, not to mention that it is accompanied by the Samsung Galaxy J that will be part of NTT docomo’s device rollout plan.
This particular ‘mini’ version of their flagship smartphone saw Sony take a slightly different route from Samsung as well as HTC. Both of the latter companies do seem to equip their ‘mini’ versions of their smartphones with mid-range specifications, but when it comes to the Xperia Z1 f, it is more or less the same as Sony’s larger form factor smartphone, although the same hardware specifications has been retained. Hardware specifications of the Xperia Z1 f include a 4.3” 720p HD touchscreen display, a 20-megapixel shooter at the back, a 2-megapixel camera in front, a quad-core 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB of internal memory that can be expanded via a microSD memory card slot, and waterproof as well as dustproof capabilities.
Apart from that, the Samsung Galaxy J has also been introduced where it will arrive with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean in tow.
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-02-28: Galaxy S5's Water Resistant Feature Does Not Worry Sony
- 2014-01-21: Apple Falls Behind Sony, Samsung, Microsoft In Customer Satisfaction Survey
- 2013-12-09: Samsung Galaxy J Officially Announced In Taiwan
- 2013-12-08: Samsung Galaxy J Possibly Teased In Video
- 2013-12-03: Samsung Galaxy J Could Be Announced In Taiwan On December 9th