The Microsoft Xbox One will be seeing a launch in a few days’ time, and while the console was designed for gaming in mind, the console does support Blu-ray and other entertainment features, which is a way for gamers to take a break from gaming and catch up on some shows and movies. In a way buying the PS4 or Xbox One would be like getting a gaming console and a home entertainment unit at the same time. However it seems that according to Paul Thurrott who has a pretty good reputation when it comes to insider information regarding Microsoft, he claims that Microsoft could be getting ready for launch an entertainment-only Xbox One console.
Apparently such a device was already in the works, but it seems that fear that the device might actually outsell the Xbox One forced Microsoft to put a temporary halt on the device. The device is back on track for a release at a yet-to-be-known date. However unlike the Xbox One which is priced at $499, this entertainment-only unit will be much cheaper, so for those looking for a home entertainment system and don’t necessarily need to game, perhaps this alleged entertainment Xbox One might be the device for you. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but we’ll keep our eyes peeled for more info.
- 2014-04-17: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update
- 2014-04-06: Support For Xbox One External Game Storage Coming Soon
- 2014-04-04: Xbox One Security Flaw Discovered By 5-Year Old