Earlier this year, HTC announced the HTC One which was an interesting device with an interesting camera that defied marketing convention, instead opting for “ultrapixels” instead of the standard megapixel fare. While the handset proved to be more than capable of holding its own and was met with favorable reviews, delays of its launch put a stain on the otherwise stellar device, but let’s hope the same will not happen with its successor. Some of you guys might have heard about the rumored HTC M8, the alleged successor of the HTC One.
Well according to @evleaks, who has been pretty damn reliable when it comes to these sorts of things, it seems that the HTC M8 is expected to make its way onto all of the major carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile) in the US by the end of Q1 2014, suggesting that a launch of the handset could be taking place early in the year. As it stands in the early part of the year, we have both CES and MWC to look forward to, and both plausible platforms for HTC to make an announcement, but either way take it with a grain of salt for now, but we’ll definitely be keeping our eyes peeled for more info. In the meantime who else is excited to see what the HTC One’s successor has in store for us?
- 2014-04-22: HTC One M8 Hacked To Allow Dot View Case To Display Additional Notifications
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-16: Dual Lens SDK For HTC One M8 Released
- 2014-04-15: HTC One M8's Dual-Lens Setup Draws Interest From Huawei And Lenovo [Rumor]
- 2014-04-15: HTC And Samsung Consider Alternative Materials For Flagships [Report]