Tizen is an upcoming mobile operating system by Samsung that is intended to provide an alternative to Android and other mobile operating systems available at the moment. Given that Android is dominating with Apple’s iOS taking the number two spot, safe to say that Tizen had better have something to it that will make it stand out above the rest, meaning that Samsung definitely has their work cut out for them. According to the latest reports and rumors, Tizen is said to be released next year and that a prototype Tizen handset is currently being tested by Korean carriers.
Regardless of what it might be, thanks to a bunch of new screenshots, it would seem that Samsung has given Tizen a very drastic visual overhaul from what we have seen before, something that users might be able to appreciate. These screenshots are courtesy of the Korea Intellectual Property Rights Information Service database, suggesting that they are the real thing. While there’s nothing wrong with how Tizen looked like before, the new look is quite refreshing and more lively and exudes a slightly “warmer” feel to it. There are also elements about it that reminds us of TouchWiz, but then again Samsung did design TouchWiz so we can’t blame them for borrowing some of its elements.
In any case like we said, there’s still no specific timeframe on when Tizen and its accompanying smartphones/ tablets will be released, but what do you guys think of this updated look? Yay or nay?
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-03-26: Nokia Lumia 630 Spotted In China
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Press Rendering Leaked
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-17: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released
- 2014-03-14: New Samsung S Band Revealed In Leaked Slides
- 2014-02-24: 'Too Early' For Tizen Smartphone: Samsung co-CEO [Report]