Ever since Apple announced they’ll begin supporting external gamepads for the iPhone and iPod touch, several accessory manufacturers have been scrambling to come up with something iOS gamers would want to use instead of on-screen virtual controls. Logitech has teased their “made for iPhone” game controller a few months ago, but according to a leaked image, Razer is set to introduce its own iPhone gamepad sometime soon.
The image you see above was leaked by @evleaks and are for what’s being called the Razer Kazuyo. The Kazuyo looks to be a gamepad that wraps completely around the iPhone, offering a direction pad on the left side of the peripheral, and four face buttons on the right with a pause button located below those. Closer to the iPhone, it looks like there’s a speaker and power button.
The Kazuyo case also looks like it’ll be able to prop the iPhone up from the gamepad’s grips, which has us believing this would be a feature best used for games that don’t yet have gamepad support and require on-screen virtual controls. This would make gripping the actual iPhone or iPod touch much easier since the gamepad parts of the case may get in the way of accessing the screen.
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2013-11-28: iPhone Location Tracking Lawsuit Has Been Dismissed
- 2013-11-06: Apple Still Top Smartphone OEM In The US, According To Latest comScore Report
- 2013-09-20: iOS 7 Causes 4-Year-Old Boy To Cry Uncontrollably
- 2013-08-14: iPhone 5S vs iPhone 5 Hardware Compared In New Photos [Rumor]
- 2013-06-26: Contra: Evolution Brings The Classic NES Game To iPhone, iPad Today