The Samsung Galaxy J has been leaked and rumored for a while now, although it has since been launched in Japan. However if you’re looking forward to getting the handset and you’re not in Japan, Samsung has started to send out invites to an event in Taiwan for the 9th of December in which the Samsung Galaxy J could be officially announced for other markets.
The handset was first sighted in a leaked brochure for Japanese carrier, NTT DOCOMO, which initially led some to believe that it could be a Japan-only release. However a later rumor suggested that the handset could make its way to other markets and we guess with the event held in Taiwan, we suppose that much is true.
For those who haven’t been following the news, the Samsung Galaxy J is sort of a happy middle between the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy Note 3. The rumored specs include a 5” Full HD display with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset under the hood. It will be accompanied by 3GB of RAM, a 13MP rear-facing camera, 32GB of onboard storage with microSD card support, and will run on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but check back with us on the 9th of December for the details!
Next Story: Fairphone To Start Shipping Later This Month
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2013-12-09: Samsung Galaxy J Officially Announced In Taiwan
- 2013-12-08: Samsung Galaxy J Possibly Teased In Video
- 2013-11-18: Samsung Galaxy J Could Be Headed For Markets Outside Of Japan
- 2013-10-10: Sony Xperia Z1 f And Samsung Galaxy J Gets Official In Japan