Tizen, the mobile platform that Samsung has developed in collaboration with Intel, is yet to debut on smartphones. Samsung was initially supposed to release a Tizen smartphone last year, though the company delayed it because it wanted more time to make the OS even better. The release was then rumored for late 2013, once again it was said that the smartphone had been delayed. Then we heard that a release in possible in the first quarter of 2014, and according to latest reports, that might not happen. Samsung has once again delayed its highly anticipated Tizen smartphone.
A Samsung Electronics Media Solution Center official said “It is true that the release has been delayed,” according to reports coming in from Korea, adding that previously a release had been scheduled for the first half of 2014 in several countries, including Russia and Korea. Previous rumors suggested that the Samsung Tizen smartphone might be unveiled on February 23rd, 2014, but it is now believed that on this day the company will unveil its Galaxy S5 flagship instead, just one day before the Mobile World Congress 2014 kicks off in Barcelona. It is unclear what has caused the latest delay, but its certainly not playing in Samsung’s favor. Recently NTT DoCoMo, a major partner that was betting on the nascent platform, said that it has changed its plans for a Tizen phone. Further delays could only make it harder for Samsung to convince partners to back its OS.
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-16 High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-03-17 Samsung Gear 2 And Gear 2 Neo SDK Released
- 2014-02-24 'Too Early' For Tizen Smartphone: Samsung co-CEO [Report]
- 2014-02-23 Tizen Association Chairman Expects Phone To Be Released Later This Year
- 2014-02-18 Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Rumored To Run Tizen