Google Glass is an amazing piece of technology to the point where it has even made it to the latest episode of The Simpsons. That being said, with the potential behind Google Glass, we’re not surprised if there are other companies out there who might be developing similar solutions of their own. Samsung is one of them and according to patents and rumors, a Samsung Galaxy Glass is said to be in the works. Well according to a recent report from the Korea Times, they cite unnamed Samsung officials who apparently told them that the South Korean tech giant is currently developing a Google Glass rival of their own, which at the moment has been tentatively referred to as the Galaxy Gear (in accordance with how Samsung names some of their mobile products).
In fact it has been suggested that work has been pretty far along to the point where Samsung might even announce the headset at IFA 2014 which will be taking place in Berlin during the month of September later this year. However it seems that Samsung might not be too concerned with making money from their Galaxy Glass. Apparently having first-mover advantage is a bigger priority for Samsung and while one can argue that Google Glass is the first, we’re guessing Samsung is hoping to be the first company to make it available commercially. What do you guys think? Would you consider getting a Samsung Galaxy Glass?
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-04-10: Confirmed: Google Glass Will Be Sold To The Public On 15th April
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2014-04-09: Google Glass Being Tested By The US Air Force
- 2014-04-08: Google Glass Could Have Helped A Doctor Save His Patient's Life
- 2014-01-28: Prescription Google Glass Has Been Officially Announced