Google Glass is an amazing piece of technology to the point where it has even made it to the latest episode of The Simpsons. That being said, with the potential behind Google Glass, we’re not surprised if there are other companies out there who might be developing similar solutions of their own. Samsung is one of them and according to patents and rumors, a Samsung Galaxy Glass is said to be in the works. Well according to a recent report from the Korea Times, they cite unnamed Samsung officials who apparently told them that the South Korean tech giant is currently developing a Google Glass rival of their own, which at the moment has been tentatively referred to as the Galaxy Gear (in accordance with how Samsung names some of their mobile products).
In fact it has been suggested that work has been pretty far along to the point where Samsung might even announce the headset at IFA 2014 which will be taking place in Berlin during the month of September later this year. However it seems that Samsung might not be too concerned with making money from their Galaxy Glass. Apparently having first-mover advantage is a bigger priority for Samsung and while one can argue that Google Glass is the first, we’re guessing Samsung is hoping to be the first company to make it available commercially. What do you guys think? Would you consider getting a Samsung Galaxy Glass?
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2014-04-14: Reporter Assaulted For Wearing Google Glass In Public
- 2014-04-10: Confirmed: Google Glass Will Be Sold To The Public On 15th April
- 2014-04-09: Google Glass Being Tested By The US Air Force
- 2014-04-08: Google Glass Could Have Helped A Doctor Save His Patient's Life
- 2014-01-28: Prescription Google Glass Has Been Officially Announced