According to the latest rumors, Apple will not be using sapphire for its iPhone 6 after all as the material will apparently be used for the rumored iWatch instead, and with that being said, what can we expect from the iPhone 6 in terms of display then? According to The Korea Herald, it seems that come the iPhone 6, we can look forward to the device sporting a bezel-free display which you can see in the mockup above. By removing the bezels on the side of the iPhone, it will allow Apple to create a device with a larger display, but at the same time will not be too big and could still be used with one hand.
We have seen Apple attempt to move away from bezels with the iPad mini where the bezels were noticeably thinner, and the iPad Air whose bezels were reduced significantly compared to its predecessors. Based on this, we wouldn’t be surprised if Apple did the same with the iPhone 6, or at least had plans to do something like that. We have also seen Android OEMs attempt to create devices with thin bezels as well as it helps create the illusion of a larger phone without the added bulk, but will Apple be the first smartphone manufacturer to truly achieve a bezel-free look? We guess we will have to wait and see, but until then take it with a grain of salt for now.
- 2014-04-23 Alleged iPhone 6 Case Compared Against The Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5s
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6 Could Sport More Rounded Edge Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Analysts Believe Apple Sales Will Be Flat This Quarter
- 2014-04-18 Additional iPhone 6 Concept Renders Surface
- 2014-04-15 Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray