For those who watched Back To The Future II, you might remember the iconic Nike sneakers which had the uncanny ability to lace itself up. Now if you recall, Nike did unveil the actual shoes back in 2011 minus the self-lacing action, and the good news is that if you were looking forward to self-lacing shoes, perhaps 2015 might be the year to look forward to. Making an appearance at New Orleans over the weekend, Nike shoe designer Tinker Hatfield was asked if the technology of self-lacing shoes would be making an appearance in the next year.
The good news for Back To The Future fans is that the answer Hatfield gave was a resounding yes. “Are we gonna see power laces in 2015? To that, I say YES!” Just like the previous release, we can only imagine that these sneakers will most likely be of the limited edition nature and will probably be pretty costly if you want to get your hands on them. After all the original Nike Air MAGs are still being auctioned off for thousands of dollars. We’re not sure how Nike will implement the self-lacing technology, but it will definitely be pretty interesting. So, who’s looking forward to self-lacing shoes from Back To The Future II come 2015?
Next Story: Alleged BlackBerry Jakarta/Z3 Render Leaked
- Man Breaks Guinness World Record By Typing With His Nose
- Video Of Kids Reacting To A Rotary Phone Might Make You Feel Old
- Flexcoin Shuts Down After Over $600,000 Of Bitcoins Were Stolen
- Couple Tries Saving Flat Screen TV While Apartment Burns
- Samsung Oscars Selfie Retweets Matched With Equal Donation To Charities