If there was one criticism that gamers had of the Xbox One it was that it was more expensive compared to the Sony PlayStation 4. When both consoles were launched, Sony priced their console at $399 while Microsoft priced the Xbox One at $499, $100 more expensive than Sony which appeared to put them at a disadvantage.
However it should be noted that the Xbox One comes with the Kinect while the PS4’s price contains the console alone, and if you wanted to add the PlayStation Camera, you’d have to add $60 which would still make it cheaper, or would it?
Recently we have started seeing Microsoft slash the prices of its Xbox One console where the Titanfall and Forza Motorsport 5 editions have been priced at $449.99, but now according to observations made at the Microsoft’s Store, it seems that the price slash is being applied to all Xbox One consoles and all around the $50 mark as well.
What this means is that gamers will be able to pick up a brand new Xbox One console (either the Titanfall or Forza 5 edition) at $50 cheaper than what they had expected. It would also make the console cheaper than the Sony PlayStation 4 with a PlayStation Camera added – $459 versus the Xbox One’s $449.99.
We’re not sure if Microsoft is just having a sales promotion of if the price cuts are permanent, but if you were eyeing the Xbox One console, perhaps now might be a good time to get your hands on one. For more information and to see the the new prices of the Xbox One bundles, hit up Microsoft’s website for the details.
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-04-21 Phil Spencer Admits More Needs To Be Done For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-17 Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-07 Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07 Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements