Is Apple working on two models of the iPhone that could be launched later towards the end of the year? That’s what the rumors are claiming, with analyst Ming-Chi Kuo backing them up. Now thanks to recently leaked photos posted on Weibo (China’s answer to Twitter), possible molds for the two iPhones might have been spotted, along with some schematics which allegedly depict the next-gen iPhone.
As you can see in the image above, the tools pictured look like they could be molds used to create a smartphone. Since smartphones are rectangular in design, there’s no way of knowing if these molds are used for the iPhone, for another smartphone, or if they might be fake. However they do appear to be of different sizes so perhaps they could be the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch sizes that have been rumored about.
Alleged schematics have also been leaked and if they’re real, it seems that Tim Cook really needs to get a handle on these leaks since these schematics are apparently the third set of schematics we’ve seen to date. However once again we should point out that while the drawings and notes appear to be very complex and detailed, there’s no telling if it is related to the next-gen iPhone, despite what the rumors claim.
In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but it seems that the rumors of a dual iPhone launch in 2014 won’t seem to die, so if you were holding out for a 5.5-inch iPhone, you might just get your wish, but try not to get your hopes up until it has been confirmed. In the meantime what do you guys make of these photos? Could they be iPhone-related, or perhaps nothing to do with the iPhone at all?
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-03-31: Purported iPhone 6 Rear Casing Pictures Leak
- 2014-02-26: iPhone 6 Release In July [Analyst]
- 2014-01-15: iPhone 6 Concept Video Surfaces
- 2013-11-21: iPhone 6 Prototype With 4.9-Inch Screen Being Tested [Rumor]