Research In Motion (RIM) goes one up on Apple and its iPhone by being the most popular smartphone manufacturer during Q1 2009. The three-month period that ended in March saw RIM’s consumer smartphone market share increase by 15% to touch nearly 50% of the smartphone market compared to the previous quarter – at least that’s what statistics from market research firm NPD showed. This effort was more than enough to topple Apple form their top position, where both Apple and Palm saw their market share decline by about 10%. It would be interesting to see how all the companies fare in the coming quarter with the Palm Pre and rumored new iPhone model round the corner.
- 2013-07-11 Research In Motion Officially Renamed To Blackberry, As Per Shareholder Vote
- 2013-02-04 BlackBerry Z10 Review
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry Z10 Review Sentiment
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry 10 Launched, RIM's Roadmap for 2013
- 2013-01-30 BlackBerry Z10 Announced
- 2011-07-06 Apple overtakes RIM in US smartphone share
- 2010-11-09 Which Smartphone Fails the Most? The Answers May or May Not Surprise You.
- 2010-12-01 Android for Men, iPhone for Women According to Recent Survey