DARPA has kicked off a robotics software/hardware research and development program known as ARM, where it hopes to construct a robot which is capable of grasping a number of objects using two arms and hands autonomously and skillfully, making us wonder whether DARPA is really Skynet in disguise. This is to help it hold objects such as knives and pistols, and according to the brief, the new robot hand and control software ought to have the capability to “hold an inert grenade with one hand, and pull the pin with the other hand” without required a human to guide or control it in any way. Could terminators be the future of the army?
Next Story: MSI with new CX620 and CR620
- 2014-03-13 CUBESTORMER 3 Intends To Solve Rubik’s Cube
- 2013-11-19 'Senior ARM Official' Confirms Samsung's 64-Bit Exynos Processor Debuts In 2014
- 2013-10-29 ARM Mali-T760: ARM’s New Top GPU
- 2013-07-09 3GHz ARM Processors Might Arrive In 2014
- 2013-01-17 What Is ARM big.LITTLE?
- 2012-12-05 PacX Wave Glider Swimming Robot Arrives At Australia
- 2012-09-05 DARPA’s Cheetah Robot outruns Usain Bolt
- 2011-11-14 FastRunner robot does seem inspired by Metal Gear Solid