Just when you thought that Sharp’s 3D glass-less LCD display was the bomb, along comes news from DoCoMo which will rely on 8 lenticular lenses to work simultaneously, delivering perfect 3D rendering from all angles without requiring you to be perfectly in front of said display all the time like Sharp’s offering. With a quartet of these lenticular lenses, DoCoMo is able to deliver a 30 degree view angle in perfect 3D. Currently, it works only if you tilt your head horizontally, although you can bet your Nintendo 3DS on it that DoCoMo will be working hard to enhance this technology in order to roll out a wider view angle on both axes.
Next Story: Milo the virtual human from Microsoft
- 2014-03-18: Peanuts 3D Set To Grace The Silver Screen In 2015
- 2014-01-16: Adobe Introduces 3D Printing Capabilities In Photoshop
- 2014-01-15: Pin Screen On A Building Looks Out Of This World
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-11-27: IZON Wants You To View 3D LED TVs Sans 3D Glasses
- 2011-11-15: DoCoMo to Apple: Y U NO GIVE US IPHONE?!
- 2011-11-09: Japanese English real time translation service for phones
- 2011-10-24: New smartphones hooked up to G-Shock watches