The BlackBerry Official Twitter Client 1.1 has finally made its way out of the beta testing stage into a full release. The app that has been undergoing testing for the past six weeks is now mature and stable enough to go out in the real world. The latest version of the app brings new features such as the ability to add locations to your tweets so you can tell your followers where you’re tweeting from, Push @Mentions, and #Topic Autocomplete. The UI has also been updated, and there is support for additional languages – Chinese (simplified and traditional), Polish, Czech and Thai. To update Twitter for BlackBerry on your BlackBerry phone, just head to Menu > Options > Check for Upgrade Now in the Twitter app, or head over to the BlackBerry App World.
Next Story: Hinge: the eco-friendly iPad stand
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales
- 2011-07-28: RIM releases BlackBerry Messenger 6 with BBM connected apps
- 2011-06-03: BlackBerry Mobile Conference out of beta
- 2011-05-19: Twitter 2.0 for BlackBerry released today
- 2011-04-11: BlackBerry Traffic app updated
- 2011-03-21: BlackBerry App World updated to version 188.8.131.52.