At the TechCrunch Disrupt event, Instagram’s co-founder Kevin Systrom announced some new milestones for the popular photo sharing service on the iPhone. According to him, Instagram now gets 10 photos uploaded per second – almost double the 6 photos per second that was announced a couple of months ago.
Other notable achievements include the growth of the userbase – Instagram has 4.25 million users after only 7months since it was first launched. Compared to Twitter, that took two years to reach a million users, it’s miles ahead of the microblogging network. Fortunately, Twitter isn’t a competitor and Instagram integrates pretty nicely with the service.
Head over to TechCrunch to watch an interview they had with Kevin Systrom concerning the growth of Instagram. Without supporting Android, Instagram has managed to grow so well, can you imagine if they did? How many of you guys are Instagram users, and what is it about the service that appeals to you?
- 2014-04-14: Instagram Down, And Up Again
- 2014-04-02: Instagram Works On Bug That Hides Recent Photos
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Hits 200 Million Active Users
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2014-03-20: WhatsApp And Instagram On The Nokia X
- 2011-12-02: Tetris for iOS re-released
- 2011-11-17: Navigon 2.0 Lands in the app store
- 2011-11-02: Meet The Tweet lets you follow Twitter feeds without an account
- 2011-11-02: Gmail app for iOS devices now official (updated)
- 2011-04-12: Postagram – send real postcards with your iPhone