At the TechCrunch Disrupt event, Instagram’s co-founder Kevin Systrom announced some new milestones for the popular photo sharing service on the iPhone. According to him, Instagram now gets 10 photos uploaded per second – almost double the 6 photos per second that was announced a couple of months ago.
Other notable achievements include the growth of the userbase – Instagram has 4.25 million users after only 7months since it was first launched. Compared to Twitter, that took two years to reach a million users, it’s miles ahead of the microblogging network. Fortunately, Twitter isn’t a competitor and Instagram integrates pretty nicely with the service.
Head over to TechCrunch to watch an interview they had with Kevin Systrom concerning the growth of Instagram. Without supporting Android, Instagram has managed to grow so well, can you imagine if they did? How many of you guys are Instagram users, and what is it about the service that appeals to you?RELATED
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- PanoPal Is An iPhone, Android Accessory That Helps Take Panoramic Shots
- Schneider Unveils iPro Series 2 Lenses For The iPhone 5
- The ThrowBack App Is An Interesting Way To Recall Photos And Memories
- Snappgrip for iPhone adds a camera grip to your smartphone
- Follow: app, Apple Inc, instagram, iOS, iPhone,
- Seen at: gizmodo